Are.na, a platform for organizing research, was created around the idea of generosity. Are.na aims to provide a healthy way of using the internet and to help users organize their research. For this assignment, we’ll work within the constraints of an existing product (Are.na) and design and prototype a feature to it. We’ll start by sketching out ideas, move into a higher-fidelity wire frame, and finally test out the feature in a Figma prototype that matches Are.na’s existing design system.
This project is adapted from a similar project taught by Barron Webster and Carolyn Zhang at The School of Visual Arts.
- Develop a feature that’s built on an existing product
- Work within a visual language and system
- Reflect on issues in the current technological landscape
- Explore the wireframe to prototype process
- Exclusive Design – Vasilis van Gemert
- At Talkspace, Start-Up Culture Collides With Mental Health Concerns – Kashmir Hill and Aaron Krolik
- New Ways of Seeing – James Bridle
- Co-Matter Podcast: The Story Behind Are.na
- Owning Ethics – Jacob Metcalf, Emanuel Moss, danah boyd